I am celebrating 15 years in business!
Hard to believe that I was opening the doors to Creative Design Solutions 15 years ago. I have celebrated so many accomplishments and been through so many changes since then. Not to mention how very grateful I am for the opportunity to work with so many of you!
Instead of providing a traditional newsletter this month, I wanted to take you down memory lane with me. I have been looking back at all I have done in the industry, all I can offer and some fun trivia about how I work. Take a peek behind the curtains of how I work here at Creative Design Solutions.
I can’t thank you enough for all of your support and business over the last 15 years. Working in your homes and in the homes of your friends and family has been a privilege that I do not take lightly! And your referrals! Well, those are the best compliment I can possibly get. So, from the bottom of my heart I want to say…
Hope you enjoy!
Creative Design Solutions Walks Down Memory Lane –
15 Years Worth of Design
Memory Lane – my milestones over the past 15 years:
What fun it was to write these out and think them through! Have a look at all that Creative Design Solutions has accomplished and changed about the business in the last 15 years.
- 1997: Heather received her Bachelors of Fine Arts degree in Interior Design from Winthrop University.
- 2000: Received NCIDQ Interior Design Certification.
- 2000: Became a professional member of American Society of Interior Designers
- 2001: Opened Creative Design Solutions, Inc. in January.
- 2001: ASID Design Excellence, Showhouse Print Feature
- 2002: ASID Design Excellence, Showhouse Print Feature.
- 2003: ASID Design Excellence, Showhouse Print Feature.
- 2004: Home Builder Association of Charlotte, Excellence in Remodeling Award
- 2005: Became a member of the National Kitchen and Bath Association
- 2007: First whole house design project was approved. This has grown each year.
- 2009: Home Builders Association of Charlotte for Architectural Design Excellence in Remodeling Awards.
- Gold for a whole house over $400,000
- Silver for a whole house over $400,000
- Silver for general renovation over $240,000
- Silver for bathroom over $40,000
- Honorable mention for a whole house over $400,000
- 2010: APA & Southern Pine Council Award – Design Your Dream Home under 3,000 sq ft.
- 2012: Increased CDS office design team.
- 2014: ASID Award for Interior Design for a master bathroom design and a kitchen design.
- 2014: Received ReGreen certification.
- 2014: Became a member of American Society of Interior Designers and the National Kitchen and Bath Association.
- 2015: Began partnering with a CAD operator to grow the business and enhance drawing process.
- 2015: Juliana joined the team at CDS helping tremendously with client interactions and design choices.
- 2016: In pursuit of partnering to be a cabinetry resource for my clients and builders.
Our current services:
- Space planning
- Cabinetry Design
- Product and finish selections
- Conceptual design
- Construction drawings and project documentation
- Project management
- Interior design – furniture planning and paint colors
- Organizational solutions
Fun trivia about the CDS office!
- Two cats and one big dog in the office really prefer our attention to be on them rather than the work we have to do!
- Heather is a Redskins fan (from birth) and a Panthers fan. She loves Pro & College Football!
- Heather is an avid gardener and prefers to spend much of her weekends in her garden.
- Heather has a husband named Brad and an eleven year old son named Brooks who are both a huge part of her life and where she spends a lot of her time.
- Heather loves all kinds of music.
- Heather’s favorite color is purple.
- When Heather is feeling drained and needs a reset, she goes outside for a walk or to her garden for inspiration. This usually works to clear her mind so her creativity is recharged again.
- Clients often ask Heather where she saw an idea. This is hard to explain because often, she just thinks it up. She wasn’t necessarily inspired by an outside source.
- Heather is a recovering perfectionist.
- Creative Design Solutions is sending our annual donation to Loaves and Fishes and we are also sponsoring a child through the Salvation Army Angel Tree. Want to donate as well? Click here!