A Note From Heather
Reflecting on 2017
Happy Holidays! It’s that time of year to take a moment to step back and reflect on all that we have accomplished. This year brought many fun memories and lots of productive moments that we want to share with you in our newsletter this month!
We reviewed Heather’s personal highlights, Creative Design Solutions highlights, the most popular trends our clients requested this year and some of our goals for 2018. As the year draws to a close, don’t forget to take some time out to just enjoy your time off with your families!
2017 – A Year in Review
It’s been a productive year for us! Here are some highlights from the year …
- We completed 3 new home builds this year – more than any other previous year. And, one was a very fun Mediterranean style home.
- I completed the first of 4 courses that focus on sustainable resources. This course was called Wellness Within Your Walls and I will complete my certification next year.
- We’ve grown our collection of professional vendors.
- We added an FAQ page and a current year trends page to the website to continue to help make processes and ideation easier for you.
- We worked on too many repeat projects to count and we are so grateful for your business time and time again! We love our clients!
On a personal note – Heather’s year in review:
- Brooks is in his second year of middle school.
- We still have 2 cats and 1 dog as our office mascots. One of them had the scary experience of needing exploratory surgery earlier this year as a result of an over curiosity with a nerf gun bullet. He’s doing great now!
- We got to collaborate with some very talented architects on a few of our projects this year.
- Brad and I took a really fun trip to Nashville for our anniversary. We also traveled to Arizona to see my Grandfather. And, to Daufuskie Island outside of Hilton Head.
- We attempted 2 family camping trips and got rained out both times!
Top favorite design elements we’ve incorporated into our projects this year:
- In the kitchen, we’ve incorporated different colored islands than the perimeter cabinets, which has added a fun visual twist. As well as adding built-in banquettes into kitchen and breakfast room designs.
- We are seeing that more kitchen and pantry details are becoming standard such as roll out drawers, pull out pantries, spice racks, dish storage and vertical storage for cookie sheets and cutting boards, knife inserts and trash and recycling combinations.
- Newer requests have included hidden bar areas with wine storage or liquor cabinets. These have been built separate from the butler’s pantry and are often in wall niches that have unused space such as below the stairs.
- Outdoor built in grills, fire pits and outdoor kitchens have remained hugely popular this year as our entertaining spaces expand into the backyard.
- A constant again this year have been mudroom renovations with lockers and cubbies for storage and kids sports equipment.
- Free standing tubs in the bathroom continue to be a popular selection.
- Also, ceiling treatments have picked up popularity including coffered ceilings and reclaimed wooden beams.
- Finally, we’ve incorporated garage conversions this year to convert carports to garages or adding additional garage space.
Our 2018 goals:
- We have plans ready for an office expansion and we’ll get started on that in 2018 as our team continues to grow.
- Chickens! We didn’t get to this goal in 2017, so 2018 will be our year.
- We’ll be doing a redesign of our website to showcase our work in a fresh and modern way.